|434Clockwork Assault Rifle|
|Use Time||11 (Very Fast)|
|Quality||Tier 4 (Red)|
|Tooltip|| Three round burst|
Only the first shot consumes ammo
|Dropped By||Wall of Flesh|
Even though the Clockwork Assault Rifle only deals a base damage of 20, it can be a very powerful weapon, and almost as strong, or stronger, than the Megashark. This is due to the fact that it fires in 3 round bursts and uses just one bullet, meaning that a player can hit 60 damage per bullet used, as opposed to the Megasharks average 52 damage per bullet used (due to its 50% chance not to use ammunition).
When using meteor shot, only the first shot will hit the target and all the others will pass through the target. It is not certain if this was intentional or is a bug. Using any other ammunition that does not have a piercing effect will strike the target multiple times per burst.
- The bullets fired from this rifle appear to be smaller than the the bullets fired from other guns, or the rifle simply has less spread. Regardless of the issue, it is recommended that you take your time when aiming at smaller enemies or enemies at a distance.
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle is the only gun to fire a three round burst.
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle can only be reforged to "Murderous", and not "Unreal". This is because it cannot get a prefix increasing knockback.
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle is highly recommended for the hardmode boss The Twins because it has high speed, it deals decent damage and it is three round burst.
- The item's sprite appears to be reminiscent of the Steampunk art style. The item name, Clockwork Assault Rifle, is also similar.
- Lost the ability to be reforged with knockback-increasing prefixes.
- Added to the game.